Search Eat Fantastic Blog & Posts

Saturday, April 2, 2011

30 days of cheesecake!?

Yes, it's true but today is the day that I formally announce my intent to eat a slice of Cheesecake every day for 30 days, and blog about it. In fact specifically I will be eating my favorite, Eli's Cheesecake, for reasons I will explain later, maybe even in another Eat Fantastic blog post. I would have made this announcement yesterday, but did not want it to be perceived as an April Fools prank, which it is not.

You are probably wondering if I am doing this because I like the Golden Girls and they ate copious amounts of cheesecake? No, although for the record it is the still one of funniest shows on TV, and I am a HUGE Betty White fan. Can hardly wait for her new show!

Is it because I like cheesecake? Well, half true I do like cheesecake but that is not the real reason.

Is it because I want to get fat? No, in fact I will likely not gain much, if any weight. Here actually is my reason. I want to prove that dessert is NOT causing the obesity problem in the world, IRRESPONSIBLE EATING is the problem.

Please don't think I believe you can eat as much cheesecake as you want, or do I suggest you try this at home. I am a professional, and to compensate for my Eli's Cheesecake diet, spring is here and my Trek bike is tuned up, so I will be adding some additional miles to compensate for the calories.

Tomorrow, I will have my first slice and explain the reason. I am hoping they still have salted caramel when I get to the bakery cafe. :)

1 comment:

  1. On behalf of all of us at Eli's Cheesecake & all of our alumni of Eli's the Place for Steak, I want to thank you for your recognition of our history and also for your 30 days of Eli's Cheesecake. I look forward to personally serving you that slice of Salted Caramel Cheesecake. Let me know when you will be in.

    Sincerely,

    Marc Schulman
    Eli's President--and Eli's Son

    ReplyDelete